Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by michael wu <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/05 18:03:38 UTC

How to embed james in an Java server application

Hi,
I am thinking to embed james mail server in a server applications of
mine.  Had anyone done this before?  Can anyone point me to any
reference?

Thanks in advance!
Michael Wu

Re: How to embed james in an Java server application

Posted by Josip Almasi <jo...@vrspace.org>.
michael wu wrote:

> Hi,
> I am thinking to embed james mail server in a server applications of
> mine.  Had anyone done this before?  Can anyone point me to any
> reference?

Yep I did, in fact I run loads of java cra^H^H^Hsoftware in one virtual
machine. I use reflection to start james so I don't have to link with
it. Here's the code:
http://vrspace.cvs.sourceforge.net/vrspace/vrspace/src/main/org/vrspace/server/object/James.java?revision=1.3&view=markup

I didn't try it with latest release yet, please let me know if you do.

Regards...