Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> on 2007/06/29 05:14:25 UTC

MTOSI XSD's distributable? (Was Re: svn commit: r551748 - in....)

The top of the MTOSI XSD's show that they are copyrighted by the
TeleManagement Forum.  Are we sure they can be freely distributed by
Apache?  The fact that one normally would have to login to TMForum and
agree to their terms of use before getting the XSDs indicates they might
not be.

Quote from TMForum site[1]:  Copyright Information
"The information provided by TM Forum is the property of TM Forum or its
licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property
laws of the United States, Canada and other jurisdictions. Violation of
TM Forum's copyrights and other proprietary rights entitles TM Forum to
pursue various remedies against the violator, including injunctive
relief, compensatory damages, statutory damages, punitive damages and
attorney's fees.

You may not modify, reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute,
display, post or transmit any material found on any of the TM Forum Web
Properties without express permission (in writing) from TM Forum."

If we don't have the distribution permission, it may be best to just
remove the mtosi sample from CXF.

Glen

[1] http://www.tmforum.org/browse.aspx?catID=1099

Re: MTOSI XSD's distributable? (Was Re: svn commit: r551748 - in....)

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
OK, good.

Glen

Posted by Bozhong Lin <bl...@iona.com>.