Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Pierce <Jo...@seagram.com> on 2000/05/03 16:29:58 UTC

IISAPI, Request.getScheme () http .vs. https

I am running Tomcat in a secure setup with IIS and the IISAPI filter.
I have created a secure site on IIS, and configured it with the Apache IISAPI
filter.
When I hit the secure URL, Tomcat serves the request, but shows the wrong scheme
in the request URL. Can anyone explain this?

I hit the site with https://localhost/examples/servlet/SnoopServlet.SnoopServlet

and SnoopServlet reports the following URL with the wrong scheme, http .vs.
https

http://localhost:443/oasisweb/servlet/SnoopServlet.SnoopServlet

I need to know the scheme so I can open subsequent URLs to the same site.

Jonathan Pierce

Re: IISAPI, Request.getScheme () http .vs. https

Posted by Gal Shachor <sh...@il.ibm.com>.

Jonathan,

> I am running Tomcat in a secure setup with IIS and the IISAPI filter.
> I have created a secure site on IIS, and configured it with the Apache IISAPI
> filter.
> When I hit the secure URL, Tomcat serves the request, but shows the wrong scheme
> in the request URL. Can anyone explain this?
>
> I hit the site with https://localhost/examples/servlet/SnoopServlet.SnoopServlet
>
> and SnoopServlet reports the following URL with the wrong scheme, http .vs.
> https
>
> http://localhost:443/oasisweb/servlet/SnoopServlet.SnoopServlet
>
> I need to know the scheme so I can open subsequent URLs to the same site.

 You are right and we should correct that.

	Gal Shachor