Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 16:37:30 UTC

drop support for jdk5?

Hi guys,

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUDDI-265

Has to do with changes in classloading in tomcat (compared to 5.x:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html). As
long as you set your JAVA_HOME correctly our war works fine using jdk6.
Since jdk5 has been sunsetted by Sun/Oracle, I'm thinking we should
leave it up to the community to get the right jars loaded if they need
to run on jdk5 and tc6.

Any objections?

--Kurt

Re: drop support for jdk5?

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.
Fine with me too - I just added a sentence to the doc suggesting use of 1.6.