Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Thomas Schoepf <Th...@avid.com> on 2009/02/13 12:04:38 UTC

Docu about maven-archiver wrong, how to change?

Hi,

I'm not sure I'm posting this to the correct place... there's many lists out there. If I'm wrong, please point me to the right one.

The docu at http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/examples/classpath.html#Custom
lists examples how to configure a customClasspathLayout. The examples use ${artifact....}
If one follows that, the manifest will have "null" in it.
To fix, you have to use "$${artifact....}".

Can someone please update the docu accordingly? Thanks a lot!

Thomas
--
Thomas Schöpf, Software Test & Tools Engineer
Avid Development GmbH, Paul-Heyse-Str. 29, D-80336 München

Re: Docu about maven-archiver wrong, how to change?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:04 AM, Thomas Schoepf <Th...@avid.com> wrote:
> The docu at http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/examples/classpath.html#Custom
> lists examples how to configure a customClasspathLayout. The examples use ${artifact....}
> If one follows that, the manifest will have "null" in it.
> To fix, you have to use "$${artifact....}".
>
> Can someone please update the docu accordingly? Thanks a lot!

It's the right audience, but it would be better to put it in JIRA so
it doesn't get lost on the mailing list before someone has time to
take care of it.  http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED

If you have time and would like to check that it isn't already fixed
in svn, and possibly submit a patch, the source for that page is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/shared/trunk/maven-archiver/src/site/apt/examples

--
Wendy