Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Bellver, Pablo" <PB...@crt.xerox.com> on 2000/01/25 18:05:24 UTC

Questions about instructions in the Tomcat+Apache HOWTO

Hi,
I'm trying to run tomcat on top of apache and JServ (windows nt version). I
have the following question related to the installation process information
that I read in the Tomcat+Apache HOWTO document.

In the etc\tomcat.conf file the two lines of the servlet mount point point
to the root servlet zone

ApJServMount default /root
ApJServMount /examples /root

In the standard configuration of JServ the "root" zone points to the
<ApacheJServ>/servlets/zone.properties file
In this file (zone.properties) the "repositories" directive tells JServ
where to find the servlet classes.
Do I need to add something in this file to point to the tomcat classes? Is
tomcat running as a servlet like Cocoon does?

Thanks.
Pablo.
pbellver@crt.xerox.com