Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp> on 2005/03/22 09:38:51 UTC

Custom authentication with WCK (WebDav Construction Kit) / JAASLoginModule

 Is anyone using WCK with custom authentication? The wiki documentation
is a little weak about the configuration steps. Any help would be
appreciated!
As far as I can tell, these are the steps, but I'd love to get
confirmation from someone.

1. Create class (example: com.mycompany.myproduct.MyLoginManager) that
extends
org.apache.slide.simple.authentication.SessionAuthenticationManager
<http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/wck/javadoc/org/apache/slide/simple/authentication/SessionAuthenticationManager.html>

2. Create jaas.config file like this, in WEB-INF/conf directory.

slide_login {
org.apache.slide.simple.authentication.JAASLoginModule required
factoryClassName=com.mycompany.myproduct.MyLoginManager
slideRole=anonymous;
};

3. Specify jaas.config location as parameter to JVM
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=%CATALINA_HOME%/conf/jaas.config

4. Do I have to do something to disable Slide's default user checking? I
read that on the wiki or the Slide site but now I can't find it.
Maybe I edit slide.properties like this:
org.apache.slide.security=false

Or, do I comment out the <security-constraint> section in web.xml?

5. Edit web.xml to have code like this somewhere:

  <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
         appName="slide_login"
         userClassNames="org.apache.slide.jaas.spi.SlidePrincipal"
         roleClassNames="org.apache.slide.jaas.spi.SlideRole"
         debug="99"
         useContextClassLoader="false"
  />

Bill

Re: Custom authentication with WCK (WebDav Construction Kit) / JAASLoginModule

Posted by C Kramer <cc...@gmail.com>.
look for <permission> tags

like this:

<objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode" uri="/files">
                        <!-- to make clear to stores that rely on it
this is a collection -->
                        <revision>
                            <property
name="resourcetype"><![CDATA[<collection/>]]></property>
                        </revision>
                        <!-- <permission action="all" subject="all"
inheritable="true" />-->
                      <!--  <permission action="all"
subject="authenticated" inheritable="true"/>-->
                    <!--  <permission action="all"
subject="unauthenticated" inheritable="true"/>-->
                    <!-- <permission action="all" subject="/roles/user"
inheritable="true"/>-->
                </objectnode>

You see, all permissions commented out. It only works this way if you
don't use Slide's access system and have your own, with JAAS too.

Posted by Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>.

Posted by C Kramer <cc...@gmail.com>.