Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/22 14:53:11 UTC

fetchLatestIndex in SnapPuller just logs exceptions

Any particular reason that SnapPuller just logs exceptions in boolean
fetchLatestIndex(SolrCore core) throws IOException ?

Here and there it might throw one, but generally it just logs and allows
the code to continue - often you are just going to hit a nullpointer a
line or two down. Should we be throwing IOException or something rather
than logging and continuing?

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: fetchLatestIndex in SnapPuller just logs exceptions

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
right.
some of the recent fixes screwed it up.

I shall fix it