Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2008/12/08 17:12:11 UTC

Re: @Callback annotation

Hi Fahim

Comments in line...

Regards

Simon

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 4:01 PM, SALIM Fahim <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have another question concerning annotation.
> If I want to use @Callback for two components
>
> 1/ does it mean that component1 invoque some method of component2 and then
> component1 method is invoked from component2 ?
> A kind of request-response interaction behaviour

Yes, that's the idea. Imagine that you have components A and B. Initially A
calls B and then continues processing. At some time in the future B calls
back to A.

A           B
--           --
|------------>|
|              |
|   |<--------|
|   |

> 2/ or does it mean that component2 can invoke some method of component1
> wathever component1 is doing ?
> A kind of notification  message

No, the idea is to provide a mechanism where B can operate asynchronously
of A and return results to A at some point in the future without A having to
block waiting for the results.

Re: @Callback annotation

Posted by fahim salim <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon