Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2017/07/07 06:14:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)

All,

With 4.10.0.0 voted, I would like to start some initial discussion around the next minor LTS release 4.9.3.0. At the moment I don't have a timeline, plans or dates to share but I would like to engage with the community to gather list of issues, commits, PRs that we should consider for the next LTS release 4.9.3.0.

To reduce our test and QA scope, we don't want to consider changes that are new feature, or enhancements but strictly blockers/critical/major bugfixes and security related fixes, and we can consider reverting any already committed/merged PR(s) on 4.9 branch (committed since 4.9.2.0).

Please go through list of commits since 4.9.2.0 (you can also run, git log 4.9.2.0..4.9) and let us know if there is any change we should consider reverting:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commits/4.9

<https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commits/4.9>I started backporting some fixes on the 4.9 branch, please go through the following PR and raise objections on changes/commits that we should not backport or revert:

Lastly, please also share any PRs that we should consider reviewing+merging on 4.9 branch for the 4.9.3.0 release effort.

- Rohit

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [DISCUSS] CloudStack 4.9.3.0 (LTS)

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
All,

We've helped with several PR reviews and merges recently, both in 4.9 and master.

We'll stop accepting any changes by end of next week (18 August), afterwards we'll only accept test and blocker fixes blocking the release.

Feel free to suggest any commits/fixes/PRs we should consider towards 4.9.3.0.

Following satisfactory test results (both Travis, Trillian and others) on 4.9 branch we'll cut 4.9.3.0 RC1 for voting.

Regards.

________________________________

Posted by Sean Lair <sl...@ippathways.com>.
Hi Rohit

Posted by Sean Lair <sl...@ippathways.com>.
Hi Rohit

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Lotic,

The specific PR has been merged on 4.9 branch and will make its way to future 4.9.3.0 release.

- Rohit

________________________________
Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Lotic,

Posted by Lotic Lists <li...@lotic.com.br>.
Hi Rohit.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Outback,

I think there exists some initial support for XenServer 7.1 in 4.9.2.0, 4.9/branch however consider installing/upgrading to 4.10.0.0 (once it is announced) which should have the support.

- Rohit

________________________________
> Please send me a list of PRs you would like to see in 4.9.3.0 so we can freeze the scope for 4.9.3.0, no promises but it may be possible to have a release plan as soon as next week.

Support for XenServer 7.1 would be nice....

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Outback,

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Rubens,

For LTS minor releases, we cannot consider features to limit the scope to only bugfixes and security fixes. Kindly consider installing/upgrading to ACS 4.10.0.0 once it's is announced.

- Rohit

________________________________
What would be very interesting would be to enable the KVM snapshot feature
live

Maybe this would be a barrier to breaking over the limitation of PODS KVM
vs. XEN

And it would be a resource of immediate impact.

Sorry my english via translate

Posted by Rubens Malheiro <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Outback Dingo <ou...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lotic Lists <li...@lotic.com.br>.