Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Boorn <ja...@tuesdayinteractive.com> on 2000/11/29 01:36:52 UTC

installation problem

I have installed the tomcat binary package and gotten it running.  The
problem I'm having is with the JSP examples.  I think I've been through
every piece of information that covers this problem to no avail.

I have changed the classpath 17 times -- to cover just about any possible
place that the tools.jar and classes.zip might be.  Ive also copied these
files to each of the possible places that they might be.  Ive reinstalled
my original java development environment (1.1.3), then downloaded and
installed a new one (1.1.8).  I have checked permissions on all the
directories in question; I am running the program as root, so I dont think
this could be a problem anyway.

I am beginning to get frustrated.  Im running a solaris 2.6 machine.  The
servlets work fine.  The following is the error Im getting on trying the
first JSP example.

	at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.ServletException.(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.JasperException.(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.loadJSP(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(Compi
led Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compi
led Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

I also get a Unknown object of type:java.util.Hashtable on the command
line.  I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.