Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2011/01/25 10:22:42 UTC

Status of website migration?

I know we were ready to migrate the website to the CMS, has this been done?

If not can we do it? There are significant updates needed on the site for GSoC so it makes sense to have just one place fir them.

Ross

Sent from my mobile device.

Re: Status of website migration?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:16 AM, Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Luciano Resende wrote:
>>
>> Some of these steps seems to have removed the Apache Extras contents
>> we had in our website
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/site/trunk/apache-extras/
>>
>> What should I do to make them back ?
>
> These pages weren't under the /content/ directory so the CMS publishing
> system wasn't picking them up.
>
> I've moved them to the right place, and now they're on the site. You should
> now be fine to edit them through the CMS. That said, let me know if you'd
> like them converting from HTML to markdown, so they can be easier to edit
> and in the site style, and I'll make the change for you.
>
> However, there's no index page for the apache-extras dir, so
>        http://community.apache.org/apache-extras/
> just gives a directory listing. Should there be one?
>
> Nick

Thanks Nick, there is no need for a index page, as these pages are
linked from the main apache-extras.org website when users are creating
or looking for more info about apache-extras.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Status of website migration?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@apache.org>.
Moving the apache-extras folder from comdev/site/trunk to comdev/site/trunk/content/ and publishing
the site should fix this.

Uli

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.