Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/04 12:42:49 UTC

Jackrabbit 1.3.1 release plan

Hi,

The Jackrabbit issue tracker is seeing some amazing activity. We're
just 1.5 months from the last release and there are already over a
hundred resolved issues waiting in the tracker. Many thanks to all of
you who are reporting issues and submitting patches! To push some of
those goodies out to Jackrabbit users I plan to cut the next patch
release in a few weeks before the vacation period starts.

Jackrabbit 1.3.1 will be a patch release with selected bug fixes from
the svn trunk. No features or other improvements will be included in
1.3.1. I will soon start grooming the issue tracker for the release
and merging the selected fixes to the 1.3 branch. Please let me know
if there are some fixes that you'd especially like to see in this
release. I will be doing an updated release plan later on once the
list of fixes to include is close to final.

My plan is to use the next few weeks to sort out the fixes to be
included in 1.3.1 and to merge them in the 1.3 branch. There will
probably not be a need to iterate on release candidates, so I hope to
have the official release vote started before the end of June and the
release going out probably in early July.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit 1.3.1 release plan [Virus checked]

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 6/27/07, Michael.Frericks@sparkassen-informatik.de wrote:
> will [JCR-929] be included in 1.3.1 ?

Not yet decided, as I'm not sure how risky the change is. Dominique,
what do you think?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Jackrabbit 1.3.1 release plan [Virus checked]

Posted by Mi...@Sparkassen-Informatik.de.
Hi,

will [JCR-929] be included in 1.3.1 ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Michael Frericks

Re: Jackrabbit 1.3.1 release plan

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 6/4/07, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jackrabbit 1.3.1 will be a patch release with selected bug fixes from
> the svn trunk. No features or other improvements will be included in
> 1.3.1. I will soon start grooming the issue tracker for the release
> and merging the selected fixes to the 1.3 branch. Please let me know
> if there are some fixes that you'd especially like to see in this
> release. I will be doing an updated release plan later on once the
> list of fixes to include is close to final.

See below for the current list of issues to be included in 1.3.1:

  [JCR-385] ClassCastExeption when executing union queries
  [JCR-672] Deadlock on concurrent save/checkin operations possible
  [JCR-699] Clustering: re-registration of nodetypes is not synchronized
  [JCR-778] Error on query initialization - intermittent
  [JCR-856] NodeAddMixinTest assumptions on addMixin behaviour
  [JCR-858] NotQuery does not implement extractTerms()
  [JCR-859] rep:excerpt() may return malformed XML
  [JCR-885] BundlePersistenceManager.externalBLOBs can not be configured
  [JCR-886] Index recovery may fail with IllegalArgumentException
  [JCR-892] XML export (stream) doesn't initialize TransformerHandler ...
  [JCR-893] More query classes with missing extractTerms()
  [JCR-894] rep:excerpt() not working for attribute searches
  [JCR-895] Registering node type names with spaces fails in clustered ...
  [JCR-897] ItemState constructor throws IllegalArgumentException
  [JCR-900] Lucene queries are not properly rewritten
  [JCR-911] Remove sanityCheck() from ItemImpl.getSession()
  [JCR-912] OverlappingFileLockException with JRE 1.6
  [JCR-913] DatabaseJournal.checkSchema generates "Cannot call commit ...
  [JCR-915] Invalid Journal Record appearing when read during sync operation
  [JCR-931] cluster synchronization NPE
  [JCR-933] RepositoryImpl.acquireRepositoryLock() fails to detect that ...
  [JCR-945] Use correct version number in repository descriptor
  [JCR-950] The move method doesn't remove the source node
  [JCR-951] OracleFileSystem uses getClass().getResourceAsStream to load ...

Please let me know if any other fixes should be included in the 1.3.1
release. I will keep an eye on the issue tracker, and unless something
serious comes up I will start preparing the release candidate early
next week.

BR,

Jukka Zitting