Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Jesús Vallecillos Ruiz <je...@ual.es> on 2012/07/04 10:56:58 UTC

Pass a JavaScript Variable

Hello,
I am a developement of widget in apache wookie. And i would like to know
if i can pass a JavaScript variable to a  widget from a HTML page. For
example through the <frame> tag. This variable is made in the HTML page
and it is need within a widget to use it in JavaScript.

Thanks for your attention.

Re: Pass a JavaScript Variable

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 4 Jul 2012, at 09:56, Jesús Vallecillos Ruiz wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a developement of widget in apache wookie. And i would like to know if i can pass a JavaScript variable to a  widget from a HTML page. For example through the <frame> tag. This variable is made in the HTML page and it is need within a widget to use it in JavaScript.
>
> Thanks for your attention.

Hi Jesus,

Its not usually possible to pass values from a parent frame to an iframe unless they are both served from the same origin.

Some possible alternatives are:

1. Use OpenAjax Hub to pass messages using topic subscriptions

2. Use HTML5 PostMessage to send a message to the child iframe.