Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by william <it...@hotmail.fr> on 2011/04/30 14:29:18 UTC

Garbage collection of topics/queues in a network of broker

Hi,

I'm making some tests with activemq 5.5.0. I try to setup a network of
broker of 2 brokers (for starting) by using multicast discovery.

I have configured a network connector and a discovery uri on my transport
like this :

<transportConnectors>
           <transportConnector name="nio"
uri="nio://${transport.host}:${transport.port}"
discoveryUri="${discoveryUri}" />
</transportConnectors>

<networkConnectors>
	<networkConnector uri="${discoveryUri}"
	        dynamicOnly="true"
	        networkTTL="3"
	        prefetchSize="10"
	        conduitSubscriptions="false"
	        decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="true"
	        duplex="true" >
		        <staticallyIncludedDestinations>
	         		<topic physicalName="test.*"/>
	         		<queue physicalName="test2.*" />
	 	        </staticallyIncludedDestinations>
 	</networkConnector>
</networkConnectors>

When I look to the admin console of my 2 brokers, I see all my topics
created on both broker. The number of consumer is 2 for all the topics on my
2 brokers.

I want to delete all my topics and queues that are not used since 30 minutes
for example, so I have configured queues and topic like this :
<policyEntries>
      <policyEntry queue=">" memoryLimit="5mb" optimizedDispatch="true"
expireMessagesPeriod="20000" gcInactiveDestinations="true"
inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="1800000"/>

       <policyEntry topic=">" memoryLimit="5mb" expireMessagesPeriod="30000"
                    			gcInactiveDestinations="true"
inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="1800000" >

                        <dispatchPolicy>
                            <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
                        </dispatchPolicy>

                        <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                            <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
                        </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>

         </policyEntry>
</policyEntries>

I have tested gc of topics on a single node and it works, but it does not
work when the 2 brokers are communicating. Perhaps because each broker is
considered as a consumer, is it the expected behavior or did I miss
something in the configuration file ?

Thanks.

William.--

Re: Garbage collection of topics/queues in a network of broker

Posted by william <it...@hotmail.fr>.
Any help please ? the gc feature is very important for me, I really want to
make it works so if I make something wrong please tell me.

Thanks.

William.