Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Bram Gillemon <br...@x-plose.be> on 2023/05/16 12:38:05 UTC

EXT4 Fs corruption

Hi,

i'm having some issues with filesystems that are having filesystem corruption when fstrim is triggered by systemd.

When searching the internet i found some posts mentioning i should disable the storage cache. Anyone else who has noticed this problem?

How can i change the cache mode on the created disk offerings? Is it enough to just update the table in the database and reboot the servers?

Kind Regards,
Bram

Re: EXT4 Fs corruption

Posted by Ruben Bosch <ru...@cldin.eu>.
Hi Bram,

I cannot comment on this problem, but updating the cache method of your disk offerings in the database, then stop *and* start or (reboot forced=true) is sufficient to change the way your virtualisation software handles the disk image.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Ruben Bosch
CLDIN

Re: EXT4 Fs corruption

Posted by Bram Gillemon <br...@x-plose.be>.
Hi,

Re: EXT4 Fs corruption

Posted by Bram Gillemon <br...@x-plose.be>.
Hi,

i'm using KVM 4.2-3ubuntu6.26  on a ubuntu 20.04 host.

Thanks for the info, i'll try it on one set of vm's and lets hope this fixes the problem.

Kr,
Bram

Re: EXT4 Fs corruption

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.