Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com> on 2013/03/21 15:43:41 UTC

Hive accessing metastore

Hi team,

What we have observed is, hive creates so many connections to metastore (mysql). This makes us change the numer of connections to mysql. Specifically 2 connections per user out of which one remains idle and other one is used. When we talk about using hive prompt for jobs.

Can anyone explain me how does hive manages its connections to metastore database.
Also why 2 connections ? Can we pool connections from hive to metastore by setting any variable ?

is it one for every Job submitted by every user ? if not then how and when hive makes connections to metastore.

2. Is it possible to limit the number of maximum connections hive could make to mysql metastore ? Or is it possible to limit number of maximum jobs than can be submitted to hive at anytime ?

Please help

Thanks in advance.

Cheers !!!
Siddharth Tiwari