Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/21 17:02:29 UTC

hadoop-2.0 incompatibility

Ugh.  While running the continuous ingest verify, yarn spit this out:

Error: Found interface org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Counter, but class was
expected

This is preventing the reduce step from completing.

-Eric

Re: hadoop-2.0 incompatibility

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
I'm testing a fix, but I'm not for holding up the release for this.

First, calling a method by reflection is quite a bit slower, so even if we
fix it, it might not be appropriate.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
I agree that 1.5.1 is a reasonable target, if it's fixed at all (we
don't have Counters in our input/output formats, so the problem would
be exclusive to tests/examples anyway). If hadoop compat is a 1.5
feature, this is a minor bug.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

Posted by Adam Fuchs <af...@apache.org>.
Yes, that's correct. It looks like we only need to exercise the two builds
option if we find a need later on.

Adam

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adam Fuchs <af...@apache.org>.