Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> on 2010/09/15 06:26:22 UTC

maven-release-plugin release?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what was happening with the new release of the
maven-release-plugin?  Things seemed to go quiet on that front this past
week or so...

I see that the SCM plugin got released tho, would be good to get the release
plugin to come along for the ride as well...

mark

--
Pull me down under...

Re: maven-release-plugin release?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

On 17/09/2010, at 1:07 AM, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
>
>> I answered that since I opened the attached test project, and I didn't see
>> any relativePath tag anywhere (though I might have missed it).
>
> The problem is that the author of comment #1 did not open a new issue for
> the release plugin but used instead this maven issue to report a problem
> with the proposed solution. However, if a new release of the release plugin
> is coming, it should work now flawlessly with M3 (resp. the documented
> migration solutions).

Ok. Would someone familiar with the issue like to open it with the appropriate amount of detail?

Thanks,
Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

Re: maven-release-plugin release?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
So... does someone want to open it? :)

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
I answered that since I opened the attached test project, and I didn't see
any relativePath tag anywhere (though I might have missed it).

Cheers

2010/9/17 Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>

> Hi Brett,
>
> Brett Porter wrote:
>

> > On 17/09/2010, at 2:23 AM, Jörg Schaible wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Baptiste,

> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4687?focusedCommentId=235494&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-
> >> tabpanel#action_235494is
> >>
> >> It *is* a regression with the release plugin, if you cannot release with
> >> such a pom. See the first comment.
> >
> > If I understand correctly, it's more that the release plugin doesn't yet
> > understand <relativePath></releativePath>, which is something new in
> Maven
> > 3 to represent "no relative path" for the warning?
>
> Yep. That's what the reporter in the first comment said.
>
> - Jörg

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: maven-release-plugin release?

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Brett,

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

On 17/09/2010, at 2:23 AM, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Hi Baptiste,
>
> Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
>
>> Well, from my understanding, this is not a regression.
>> What Paul says in the end
>>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4687?focusedCommentId=235494&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-
> tabpanel#action_235494is
>> not a workaround, but the right way to go.
>
> It *is* a regression with the release plugin, if you cannot release with
> such a pom. See the first comment.

If I understand correctly, it's more that the release plugin doesn't yet understand <relativePath></releativePath>, which is something new in Maven 3 to represent "no relative path" for the warning?

- Brett

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hi Baptiste,

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Well, from my understanding, this is not a regression.
What Paul says in the end
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4687?focusedCommentId=235494&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#action_235494is
not a workaround, but the right way to go.

See also
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes#Maven3.xCompatibilityNotes-ParentPOMResolutionor
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Iron+Fist+of+Maven+3.0+transition+pack

Cheers.

2010/9/16 Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>

> Brett Porter wrote:
>

> > On 15/09/2010, at 2:26 PM, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> >
> >> Hey guys,
> >>
> >> I was wondering what was happening with the new release of the
> >> maven-release-plugin?  Things seemed to go quiet on that front this past
> >> week or so...
> >>
> >> I see that the SCM plugin got released tho, would be good to get the
> >> release plugin to come along for the ride as well...
> >
> > Yah, I lost the window of opportunity I had originally, and things have
> > kept coming up since.
> >
> > I'm getting back to it now... there were nearly 30 issues with recent
> > patches on them that I'd like to have a quick look at, then try for the
> > release again.
> >
> > Beyond that, there's another 30 issues marked as having patches that are
> > somewhat older that would be worth going through and a number of highly
> > voted issues that seem fixable. Might be good for a follow up release.
>
> There's also a regression reported in:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4687
>
> - Jörg

Sauvez un arbre,