Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/20 23:54:23 UTC

On providing code for master/

Hello everyone,

We are starting to get a lot more pull requests to master/ and I'm having to fix up issues as people are only "half testing" their work.

TinkerPop is in a "half state" right now as we are migrating to Apache infrastructure. As such, we do not have a build server right now……  This mean that you, the human, must be your own build server. Please respect the following pattern:

	1. Before you issue a PR to master/, please merge master/ into your branch to make sure your branch is up to date with the latest and greatest.
	2. Run "mvn clean install" (do not skimp with a "mvn clean install -DfeelingLucky").
	3. If you are doing something "big" run the Hadoop integration tests.
		- Daniel Kuppitz made it so these tests run in ~10 minutes (instead of 3 hours as it was before).
		- If you want help on how to get ZooKeeper going, I can help you. Ping me.
	4. If you are doing something "big" run the Gremlin Server integration tests.

The worst thing for me (at least) is to merge a PR and have things break and have to figure out the problem. I don't want to be a maid.

Thank you everyone,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com