Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2003/10/29 13:28:01 UTC

Example of Container starting in a servlet?

Hi all,

I am working with someone, getting them turned onto avalon!  Rightnow they
are using the Fulcrum Testcontainer to write unit tests and get to
understand how Avalon works.  I wanted to give him an example of using the
container inside of a simple servlet.  Does anyone have an example servlet
starting up an avalon container?  If not, is there any interest in having
one as an example?

Eric

RE: Example of Container starting in a servlet?

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Fantastic..  I'll hold on for a day or to then...

Posted by Filip DeFoort <fi...@cirquedigital.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Filip DeFoort wrote:

>quick question: so far, I've been testing the servlet tutorial with
>the 3.2-dev code base -- what's the cvs branch that all the changes
>reg. the embedded kernel are being tested/developed in and does it
>make sense for me to put the tutorial in there / retrofit it so it
>uses the latest and greatest way of embedding (just caught up with
>some of the posts - it looks like the Map that I'm using already
>went to bit-heaven).

LOL

The changes are all isolated under the merlin/kernel/loader package for
the moment - which is not used anywhere in the runtime expect perhaps on
Alex's machine - and he hasn't received commit provs just yet so we are
safe for a few more hours!  As we move forward we have to refactor a
bunch of embedded situations that already exist - and the servlet will
be one of the targets.  I would not wrorry about refactoring just yet
because we still have a few things to sort out before this starts.

For the patch - I suggest you apply this relative to
avalon-sandbox/merlin/merlin-extensions/merlin-servlet

Cheers, Steve.

Posted by Filip DeFoort <fi...@cirquedigital.com>.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.