Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com> on 2015/06/01 23:27:57 UTC

RE: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

I've discovered an issue with the tilde version change we did for pinned platforms, but I'm not sure whether or not it should block the release:

If you use the 'usegit' flag when adding a platform ('cordova platform add <platform> --usegit'), it will fail:

    $ cordova platform add android --usegit --verbose
    No version supplied. Retrieving version from config.xml...
    Requesting {"url":"https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-android.git;a=snapshot;h=~3.7.2;sf=tgz","strictSSL":true}...
    Downloading cordova library for android...
    CordovaError: Unable to fetch platform android: Error: HTTP error 400 retrieving version ~3.7.2 of cordova for android

I have a possible approach for a fix for this (query npm for the list of versions for the target platform, find the latest version that satisfies the specified range, and use that). Is this workflow still used by Cordova users? Do we want to block the release until it is fixed?

Thanks,

Tim

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
I disagree with removing --usegit. I have found it useful on many occasions
and definitely think it would deserve its own thread to see the
implications it would have on others if we were to decide to remove it.

Simplest fix might be to just remove the ~ when doing a --usegit.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.