Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by "Herreman, Christophe" <Ch...@barco.com> on 2002/01/21 16:21:15 UTC

HTTP 1.0 ???

Hello,

I noticed that a client using SOAP 2.2 sends a header in HTTP 1.0 format.

I want to use persistent HTTP connections and thus need HTTP 1.1.

Looking at HTTPUtils.java, I noticed that the use of http 1.0 is hard coded.

Can anybody explain to me why this is done? Does SOAP 2.2 fully support HTTP
1.1 ?

Thanks,
Chris.

Re: HTTP 1.0 ???

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
The SOAP 2.2 HTTP transport doesn't support keep alive. I believe several
people have written a variation that does, but no one contributed it.

Sanjiva.

Re: HTTP 1.0 ???

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.