Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "michael.veeck" <Mi...@virtual-identity.com> on 2000/10/09 13:42:12 UTC

Sorry : Last header should be " newbie question : xslprocessor re placing " "

Maybe the question is too easy, but what i dont understand is :
I have an XML-Document which contains Elements with Quotes like :

	<resource language="de">&quot;Hello World&quot;, says
Kenny</resource>

When I transform this Document using a stylesheet (xalanj) with the header

		<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="windows-1250">
		<DESCRIPTION><xsl:value-of
select="/resource[@language='de']"></DESCRIPTION>

the stylesheet replaces all Quotes leaving me with

		<DESCRIPTION>"Hello World", says Kenny</DESCRIPTION>

when there should be

	<DESCRIPTION>&quot;Hello World&quot;, says Kenny</DESCRIPTION>

What am I doing wrong ? Why does the processor replaces those quotes ? Or
are the " allowed in an XML-Document ?

Thanks in advance
Michael veeck

Re: Sorry : Last header should be " newbie question : xslprocessor re placing " "

Posted by Fergus Gallagher <Fe...@OrbisUK.com>.
You only need to use &quot; inside attributes...

The others (&amp; &lt; &gt;) need to be specified everywhere

--
Fergus Gallagher
Orbis