Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/25 00:48:51 UTC

WicketStuff artifacts naming strategy

After 10 minutes I realized that having these two jars was not the problem
of some bug on my project...

- jasperreports-1.4.16.jar
- jasperreports-3.7.2.jar

The first one is from WicketStuff, but still, it is confusing to see this.

Should we configure the POM files to export the jar with a 'wicketstuff-'
preffix on all modules?

Cheers,

Bruno Borges
www.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

"The glory of great men should always be
measured by the means they have used to
acquire it."
 - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Re: WicketStuff artifacts naming strategy

Posted by Clint Checketts <ch...@gmail.com>.
You convinced me. ;)

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clint Checketts <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.
But is it necessary to rename the artifactId to OSGify a module?

I'm just asking. Not that I'm going back to rename all again. :-)

*Bruno Borges*
www.brunoborges.com.br
+55 21 76727099

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.
Correct, I don't think it would be nice to rename artifacts for 1.4 branch.
There's just too many people relying on old names.

What do others think?
On 2011 7 6 11:29, "Martin Grigorov" <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
> The improvement in the naming was done only for 1.5 branch of
> wicketstuff/core and will be available with the next release (RC6 ?!).
>
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:13 PM, gilbertoca <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Bruno!
>>
>> I'm with the same problem:
>>

>>> gilberto@SUGEP-DMASI:~/dev/netbeans-config/snp$ ll
>>> target/snp-1.1-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/lib/|grep jasper
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 gilberto users   23955 2011-07-04 11:31
>>> jasperreports-1.4.17.2.jar
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 gilberto users 2525996 2011-07-04 11:12
>>> jasperreports-3.5.3.jar
>>>

>> Other thing, the jasperreports(wicketstuff) is tied to jasperreports
3.5.3
>> as you see above - I can't use another version, even using the maven
>> exclusion tag.
>>
>> We are using:
>> wicket version 1.4.17
>> wicketstuff version 1.4.17.2
>>
>> Where can I get this artefact (wicketstuff-jasperreports) for 1.4
version?

>> Regards,
>>
>> Gilberto Caetano de Andrade
>> Analista de Sistemas/DBA
>> www.secad.to.gov.br
>> blog.gilbertoca.com
>>

>> Bruno Borges wrote:
>>>
>>> Hell, it has been merged.
>>>
>>> pull request #42 merged to master.
>>>
>>> I've updated the wiki already asking for new JAR modules to follow this
>>> naming strategy.
>>>
>>> Thank you all for the support.
>>>
>>> *Bruno Borges*
>>> www.brunoborges.com.br
>>> +55 21 76727099

It

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by gilbertoca <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Bruno!

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.
Hell, it has been merged.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clint Checketts <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
And repetitive

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Just thought I'd bring it up.  I have to have this conversation
periodically on the Commons mailing lists too. :)

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Sorry, hit send too soon.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Borges <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> - jasperreports-1.4.16.jar
> - jasperreports-3.7.2.jar

> The first one is from WicketStuff, but still, it is confusing to see this.

This one of my biggest peeves with Maven: It has this concept of a "groupId" to namespace artifacts in the repository, but this is of no consequence when the jar files appear in the classpath, since the groupId namespace is not part of the actual file name.