Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Oliver Klee <ol...@fit.fraunhofer.de> on 2004/03/25 15:31:15 UTC

Problem adding a document

Hi,

I have problems adding document to a collection and would appreciate any
help.

My system is:
SuSE Linux 8.2
Sun JRE 1.4.1-23
Apache Tomcat 4.1.18-25
Xindice 1.1b3

I compiled and installed Xindice like described in
http://xml.apache.org/xindice/community/howto/ . In addition, I use the
command line tools from the location where I had put the source.

In order to get the command line tools to work, I had to change to
Tomcat port from 8080 to 8888 and manually set XINDICE_HOME to ".."
(relative to the bin/ directory).

The "ugly browser 1.11" now works fine on port 8888.

Adding a collection "data" as a subcollection of /db worked fine, too.
Then the trouble began: Adding an XML test document (containing just a
root element) fails:

icon-01:/tmp/xindice-1.1b3/bin # ./xindice ad -c /db/data -v -f
/home/klee/bib/test.xml -n hallo
[DEBUG] DatabaseImpl - -Using SAX Driver: 'xerces'
[DEBUG] DatabaseImpl - -Using Service Location: '/xindice/'
[DEBUG] CollectionImpl - -Using URL: 'http://127.0.0.1:8888/xindice/'
XMLDB Exception with code 1
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: :[Thread-6] '/db/data' putDocument:
docKey=<hallo>: Error compressing Document 'hallo'
         at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.runRemoteCommand(CollectionImpl.java:201)
         at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.storeResource(CollectionImpl.java:318)
         at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.AddDocument.execute(AddDocument.java:139)
         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:336)
         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:213)
         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.main(XMLTools.java:124)

Displaying the (empty) list of documents in that collection fails, too:

icon-01:/tmp/xindice-1.1b3/bin # ./xindice ld -v -c /db/data
[DEBUG] DatabaseImpl - -Using SAX Driver: 'xerces'
[DEBUG] DatabaseImpl - -Using Service Location: '/xindice/'
[DEBUG] CollectionImpl - -Using URL: 'http://127.0.0.1:8888/xindice/'
XMLDB Exception with code 1
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: :Filer is closed
         at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.runRemoteCommand(CollectionImpl.java:201)
         at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.listResources(CollectionImpl.java:563)
         at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.ListCollectionDocuments.execute(ListCollectionDocuments.java:96)
         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:336)
         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:213)
         at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.main(XMLTools.java:124)

What can I do? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Oliver Klee

--
Oliver Klee
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FhG-FIT)

Re: Problem adding a document

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Oliver Klee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Vadim Gritsenko schrieb:
>
>> I'd suggest you to repeat the same with the Xindice CVS version as of
>> now.
>

> Thanks for the help---with the current CVS version (checked out
> today), it now works like a charm.

Glad to hear it -- less bugs for me to fix ;-)

Vadim

Re: Problem adding a document

Posted by Oliver Klee <ol...@fit.fraunhofer.de>.
Hi,

Vadim Gritsenko schrieb:
> I'd suggest you to repeat the same with the Xindice CVS version as of
> now.

Thanks for the help---with the current CVS version (checked out today),
it now works like a charm.

=:-)

Greets

Oliver Klee

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Oliver Klee wrote:

> I have problems adding document to a collection and would appreciate
> any help.
>
> My system is:

> Xindice 1.1b3

> Displaying the (empty) list of documents in that collection fails, too:
>
> icon-01:/tmp/xindice-1.1b3/bin # ./xindice ld -v -c /db/data

> What can I do? Any ideas?

I'd suggest you to repeat the same with the Xindice CVS version as of
now. And it will be even easier to use:
1. Get files from CVS,
2. run "build" command,
3. run "xindice start" command,
4. use "bin\xindice" command to run command line tool.

Once you reproduce any of the issues above with Xindice 1.1b4-dev
(that's current CVS), help me in reproducing them so I can help you by
fixing them ;-)

Xindice 1.1b4 is close to the release, and if there are any unresolved
bugs in it, it's better to resolve before a release.

Thanks,
Vadim