Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jared Cantwell <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/03 17:28:37 UTC

Sync Operation

Hi all!

This may be a silly question, but I can't find the answer in the docs
anywhere.  If you perform a sync operation (to flush the leader/follower
channel), it takes in a path.  What is that path used for?  Is only that
path sync'd?  Are children of that path sync'd?  Is the whole tree sync'd?
 I am hoping that the path and its children are sync'd.

Thanks,
Jared

Re: Sync Operation

Posted by Jared Cantwell <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys!  That helps a lot.

~Jared

Re: Sync Operation

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: Sync Operation

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>.
in the current implementation everything is synced. the reason there is
a path there is that we would like to be able to partition the
namespace, and in that case, only the portion of the namespace that
contains the path would be synced, but since we only have a single
namespace right now, the path is rather superfluous.

ben