Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/04 05:02:41 UTC

Hbase 1.1.1 API documentation link

Hi,

 We are moving from hbase 0.94 to hbase 1.1.1. Some methods of hbase 0.94
are deprecated for hbase 1.1.1. So can anyone post me the link for Api
documentation for Hbase version 1.1.1 as I can't find that.

Thanks

Re: Hbase 1.1.1 API documentation link

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#datamodel needs to say more? Tell us what
you want explained and we'll fix. Thanks,

Posted by Denise Rogers <da...@aol.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Denise Rogers <da...@aol.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Denise Rogers <da...@aol.com>.
Cool! Thanks Josh! I read the section of the guide that supports updates.

Thanks again for validating this.

Regards,
Denise

Sent from mi iPhone

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denise Rogers <da...@aol.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Added a 1.2 link too, FYI.
St.Ack

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Phil Yang <ud...@gmail.com>.
For javadoc I think users need accurate api docs for the version they use,
so we may also need api docs for 0.98/1.0/1.2 and coming 1.3?

For "doc", which called HBase Book, I think only one book is good but we
may need to tell users which version does HBase starts to support for each
feature/option it mentions. For example, we may add some important options
in hbase-default.xml when we add new features, and we will update HBase
Book according to the latest hbase-default.xml. But some of them may only
in 2.0 and user may use 1.1/1.2, they may be misled by the book. Add a
"since 2.0.0" tag can help users know if a feature in the book is supported
by the released version they use, and also can encourage users to upgrade
to the new version if the feature is what they want but not included by the
version they use.

Thanks,
Phil

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.

--
busbey

Re: Hbase 1.1.1 API documentation link

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
For branch-1.1, since there would be more releases in the foreseeable future, it makes sense to publish its own site.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.