Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2000/06/01 15:42:32 UTC

attribute order

Hi All,

I am using XSL to output SMIL movies.

In my StyleSheet I declare a namespace and some attributes like this:

		<smil
			xmlns:qt="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/resources/smilextensions"
			qt:autoplay="true"
			qt:chapter-mode="all"
			qt:time-slider="true">

When the transformation is over, the order of the attributes has changed:

		<smil
			qt:autoplay="true"
			qt:chapter-mode="all"
			qt:time-slider="true"
			xmlns:qt="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/resources/smilextensions">

This causes a problem with the QuickTime plugin not recognising the first
attributes with the qt:namespace.

With regard to the standards .....

Should Xalan/Xerces be allowed to change the order with impunity?

Should the QuickTime plugin be able to recognise the namespace regardless
of the order of the attributes?

Thanks for any help.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].20.7737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

Re: attribute order

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
on 6/1/00 9:38 AM, Matthew Cordes at mcorde61@maine.edu wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that it is part of the spec that the attributes will
> be in no particular order after and xsl transformations.  Does anyone
> have any info to the contrary?
>
> -matt
I think it's more like attribute names are not in a guaranteed order ever.
Element names are always in order.

Mike

Re: attribute order

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.