Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by BA...@gatesmcdonald.com on 2007/09/28 00:05:20 UTC

Eclipse 3.2 axis2 v1.2 with Code Generator Plug-in v1.3

Hello,  should the code gen plug-in version be in sync with the axis2
version that is being used?  I am trying to generate the java code with a
wsdl and xsd files (the wsdl imports the xsd) using JiBX data binding.
Version 1.3 of Code Generator has the JiBX binding option, but the 1.2
version does not.    I have tried having the Axis2/Code Gen versions
sync'd on the 1.3 versions respectively, but I still receive the same
error below when clicking the Finish on the code gen dialogs.

   An error occurred while completing process
-java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Other than changing the databinding name to JiBX the default options  were

used on that dialog.

Steps performed:

1) Opened new Eclipse 3.2 project

2) Imported wsdl and xsd files to project

3) Imported external axis2 1.2 Jars

4)  crtl N for  Plug-ins Wizard ->  Selected  Axis2 Code Generator

5) Options chosen:

        A.  Generate Java Source Code from WSDL file
        B.  Specify path to WSDL file
        C.  Change Codegen option to: Custom
        D.  Generate Client side code option checked
        E.  Generate Both Sync  & Asysnc
        F.   Namespace to package mappings look OK

Please let me know if there is something that I am doing wrong or if there

are other steps that need to be done.  Is there a log that would help me
to understand if there is something wrong with the WSDL or XSD files or
possibly a bug with the Code Gen tool.

Thanks ... Joe

614-249-5487

Re: Eclipse 3.2 axis2 v1.2 with Code Generator Plug-in v1.3

Posted by Lahiru Sandakith <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joe,
Is the imported xsd s are in the classpath of the eclipse project that you
are using with the Eclipse Plugins,
If not please add the location of them in the project propertied -> Project
classpath
Also please send us the .log file last messages in the eclipse
workspace/.metadata/ directory
If you are interested here is a complete tutorial that covers both contract
first and codefirst ws development scenatios with the eclpse axis2 plugins.
http://wso2.org/library/1719
Thanks
Lahiru

--
Thanks
Lahiru Sandakith

http://sandakith.wordpress.com/
GPG Key Fingerprint : 8CD8 68E0 4CBC 75CB 25BC  1AB1 FE5E 7464 1F01 9A0F

RE: Eclipse 3.2 axis2 v1.2 with Code Generator Plug-in v1.3

Posted by Golam Chowdhury <Go...@fieldworker.com>.
Hi Joe,

http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/community/tutorials/BottomUpAxis2WebService/
bu_tutorial.html