Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Yves Deschamps <yv...@univ-lille1.fr> on 2011/03/03 16:23:30 UTC

org.apache.myfaces.ERROR_HANDLER with portlet-bridge

Hi,

I try to use org.apache.myfaces.ERROR_HANDLER with apache porlet-bridge
and my own error handling class .

But that does not work.

It is ok in servlet mode.

In portlet mode, the exception is handled like this...

3 mars 2011 16:16:14 com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler
handleRenderException
GRAVE: Error Rendering View[/stylesheets/desktop/preferences.xhtml]
javax.el.ELException: /stylesheets/desktop/preferences.xhtml @10,79
value="#{preferencesController.localeItems}": Error reading
'localeItems' on type
org.esupportail.blank.web.controllers.PreferencesController

An idea ?

--
Yves Deschamps
CRI Pôle Web, Environnement Numérique de Travail

Re: org.apache.myfaces.ERROR_HANDLER with portlet-bridge

Posted by Michael Freedman <mi...@oracle.com>.
Yes, unfortunately org.apache.myfaces.ERROR_HANDLER is a myFaces thing
not a JSF speced behavior.  It is implemented with the MyFaces
FacesServlet.  As such its not in the picture when a portlet request is
being processed.  And because its a MyFaces specific thing the bridge
doesn't support it.  Hence why it works for you in a servlet environment
and not a portlet environment.  So, yes you are on the right track in
terms of adding a ViewHandler that overrides and/or replaces a Portlet
specific FaceletViewHandler.  I would use the I include in the examples
distribution from the Bridge (look at the sources for the facelets-guess
example -- it includes a PortletFaceletViewHandler.java.  In your impl
of handleRenderException do the work you want to accomplish -- though
remember the portlet model doesn't support a redirect during a render --
the bridge does however recognize render redirects to other Faces views
as merely a request to rerun the render lifecycle on the new view.  I.e.
its not a client redirect it more like a terminate/throw away my current
work and navigate/render in process this new view.
     -Mike-

Posted by Yves Deschamps <yv...@univ-lille1.fr>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by Michael Freedman <mi...@oracle.com>.