Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Rainer Schwarze <rs...@admadic.de> on 2006/12/02 21:00:15 UTC

Re: StringIndexOutOfBoundException while parsing msword

At 03:48 20.11.2006, TKDD wrote:
>hi,Rainer,
[...]
>by the way, what is fast-saved word files? thanks

Sorry for my late reply - I was strongly focused on the private part
of my life.

In Word one can switch between "fast saving" and the normal way (I
believe fast save is activated by default, but that may have changed
with the newer versions). If fast saving is off, Word creates a nice
structured file when the document is saved. If fast saving is on,
Word appends new data and changed data to the file (simply speaking).
So in fast saved files information is distributed all over the file
and the text and the formatting information is stored in "arbitrary"
order. The setting is in the "Save"(?)-tab in the options window of
Word (I don't know how it looks like after Word2000).

best wishes,
Rainer