Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Alan Brown <ab...@symyx.com> on 2004/07/13 18:48:50 UTC

basedir not set corretly in subant task...

The documentation for Subant clearly states...

*	if you want to run directory1/mybuild.xml,
directory2/mybuild.xml, ...., use the antfile attribute. The subant task
does not set the base directory for you in this case, because you can
specify it in each build file.

However, this does not appear to be the case for me.

My structure...

Project

|__ Tools

|       |___tool1

|       |___tool2

|__ Server

|__ Client

I have a master build file in Project that uses the Ant task to call
targets in slave build files in the directories below it (tools, server
and client).  One of these slave build files (Tools) uses Subant to call
build files dynamically in directories below it.  However, in this
scenario the baseDirectory is not set correctly and remains as the Tools
directory.

This is confirmed by the fact that all runs perfectly well if I run 'ant
build' directly from the Tools directory.  It's only running it from
Project that causes the failure.

Does anyone know a workaround to this problem?

I'm copying the dev list because I believe this may be a bug.  I'd be
happy to be proved wrong.

alan

=======
information of Symyx Technologies, Inc. that may be confidential,
proprietary, copyrighted, privileged and/or protected work product,
and is meant solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please
contact the sender immediately, permanently delete the original and
any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.