Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/04 14:50:53 UTC

Rename "modules" folder to "lib"

I think we should rename the "modules folder to be called "lib". The name
"lib" is used almost universally in Java projects for the place the jars go,
the name "modules" is a hangover from 1.x where it was used as a place for
just the tuscany module jars to keep them separate from the all jar. Unless
anyone has a good reason not to i'll make this change in a couple of days.

   ...ant

Re: Rename "modules" folder to "lib"

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
We have a folder structure to represent the bundle for 3rd party jars. IMO, "lib" typically contains a set of plain jars which are loaded by one single classloader. For example, in WebSphere, there is a "lib" folder for non-OSGi jars and "plugins" for OSGi bundles. On the other hand, "modules" is symmetric to "features".

I prefer to stay with "modules". "plugins" can be another option too.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 12:49 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought Raymond had replied [1] and you said that would be ok to
> leave this for M1 [2].
> For me, I'm OK with modules.

Translating what I just said :

I don't have strong feelings one way or another...   if everybody
agrees on this I'd be +1.. but please make sure that Raymond, that had
already responded to the thread is OK, as well as others.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.