Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Felix Buenemann <Fe...@gmx.de> on 2009/06/25 14:54:02 UTC

Filter Backscatter via DNSBL

Hi,

I'd like to filter out backscatter with the DNSBL from
ips.backscatterer.org. In order not to filter out legitimate mails, but
only NDA noise and stuff, I want to limit it to mails with blank
envelope from (MAIL FROM: <>) or envelope from postmaster (MAIL FROM:
<po...@example.com>).

I'm not confident in writing meta rules and also the EnvelopeFrom pseudo
header rule is poorly documented, so I wonder if the blank envelope from
rule will hit at all or should read /<>/ instead of //.

These are the proposed rules:

header __LOCAL_ENVELOPEFROM_BLANK EnvelopeFrom //
header __LOCAL_ENVELOPEFROM_POSTMASTER EnvelopeFrom /^postmaster/

header RCVD_IN_DNSBL_IPS_BACKSCATTERER_ORG
eval:check_rbl('ips-backscatterer-org','ips.backscatterer.org.')
describe RCVD_IN_DNSBL_IPS_BACKSCATTERER_ORG Received via a relay in
ips.backscatterer.org DNSBL
tflags RCVD_IN_DNSBL_IPS_BACKSCATTERER_ORG net

meta LOCAL_BACKSCATTERER_ORG  ((__LOCAL_ENVELOPEFROM_BLANK ||
__LOCAL_ENVELOPEFROM_POSTMASTER) && RCVD_IN_DNSBL_IPS_BACKSCATTER_ORG)
describe LOCAL_BACKSCATTERER_ORG Backscatter detected via
ips.backscatterer.org DNSBL
score LOCAL_BACKSCATTERER_ORG 10.0

Regards,
   Felix Buenemann