Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr> on 2009/02/06 14:55:32 UTC

Media Blogging

Just applied the Media Blogging patch [1], great job. Looks like the
groundwork is all setup, but still lucks too much functionality.

I'm in very urgent need of this and was wondering if anyone is willing
to coordinate with me on moving this forward, i.e. adding the gallery
etc. and in general providing a more complete user interface. If you
guys have anything for me to use etc. please let me know; I'll start
working on this today...

[1] https://issues.apache.org/roller/browse/ROL-1765

--
Manos Batsis, Chief Technologist
          __    _

Tel: +30 210 2851517

Re: Media Blogging

Posted by Ganesh Mathrubootham <ga...@gmail.com>.
> Is there anything in the roller_mediablogging branch not included in the
patch?
No. This was the first patch that we submitted.

Thanks,
Ganesh

Re: Media Blogging

Posted by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>.
Hello Ganesh,

Re: Media Blogging

Posted by Ganesh Mathrubootham <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manos,
Thanks a lot for your feedback.

>>UI-wise, the only improvement is a media file upload page; I see no
gallery or search facility, i.e. the "View/Search Uploaded files" don't
work.

We are implementing gallery, search facility and more.  You can see a
preview of new UI here -

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/UI+design

Re: Media Blogging

Posted by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>.

Re: Media Blogging

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Emmanouil Batsis (Manos) <ma...@abiss.gr> wrote:
> Just applied the Media Blogging patch [1], great job. Looks like the
> groundwork is all setup, but still lucks too much functionality.

I think so too. Ganesh and Tanuja have done a great job with design
and not implementation. What do you mean by "lacks too much
functionality"? Do you mean the patch itself or the requirements in
the plans that are outlined in the proposal?

> I'm in very urgent need of this and was wondering if anyone is willing to
> coordinate with me on moving this forward, i.e. adding the gallery etc. and
> in general providing a more complete user interface. If you guys have
> anything for me to use etc. please let me know; I'll start working on this
> today...
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/roller/browse/ROL-1765

Yes! Ganesh and Tanuju are working on this project this semester and I
am acting as mentor.

This mailing list is the place to coordinate the work. Let's work together here.

- Dave