Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Robert Bushman <bo...@traxel.com> on 2002/01/09 15:52:57 UTC

Logging Event Serialization

Hi,

I've been using the version independant serialization for about
a month in Lumbermill, and it's working very nicely. What
else would you like to me to do with it before you can
incorporate it in the next build?

Modified LoggingEvent:
http://traxel.com/java/log4j/LoggingEvent.java

Unit Test and Unit Test Proxy:
http://traxel.com/java/log4j/

Lumbermill:
http://traxel.com/lumbermill/

Re: Logging Event Serialization

Posted by Robert Bushman <bo...@traxel.com>.
Makes perfect sense, a very clean solution.
My only hesitation would be about the raw
write of the levelInt, but think that the
benefit of the simpler solution outweighs
the risk of one direct stream access.

Good Idea!

Bob

Posted by Ceki Gulcu <ce...@yahoo.com>.