Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Scott Chapman <sc...@mischko.com> on 2002/04/15 21:40:07 UTC

Executing page under Embperl Object just like it was called by browser?

Hi!

I have a situation where users come to one page and are then redirected to
another page.

I don't want users to ever see the URL for the second page so I want the
EmbPerl environment to Execute the second page rather than redirect to it.
However I want the "req" to be available to be shifted in also on this second
page.  How do I craft a Execute statement that will do this correctly?

I haven't worked with Execute yet.  I also want to pass variables in a hash to
the secondary.  How do I do that also?

Thanks!
Scott

Re: Executing page under Embperl Object just like it was called by browser?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi!

> I have a situation where users come to one page and are then redirected to
> another page.
>
> I don't want users to ever see the URL for the second page so I want the
> EmbPerl environment to Execute the second page rather than redirect to it.
> However I want the "req" to be available to be shifted in also on this
second
> page.  How do I craft a Execute statement that will do this correctly?

The Embperl request object is always passed as first argument to every file
you execute, so you don't have to do anything special.

> I haven't worked with Execute yet.  I also want to pass variables in a
hash to
> the secondary.  How do I do that also?

Just pass them to Execute e.g.

Execute ('newpage.epl', \%hashdata) ;

and in the page you can access the hashref via $param[0]

Gerald