Posted to users@camel.apache.org by wriiblo <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/10 17:07:37 UTC

Regarding Kafka Component Offset Auto Commit

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding Kafka component's offset management.

1) On the consumer side, there is a configuration called 'autoCommitEnable'
according to the documentation. (http://camel.apache.org/kafka.html) This
configuration seems synonymous to auto.commit.enable	described in Apache
Kafka documentation.
(http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#newconsumerconfigs)

It seems like that the Camel Kafka component's consumer still commit the
offset regardless whether autoCommitEnable configuration is set to false.

Looking at the code of Camel Kafka component's KafkaConsumer, it seems like
this is thought out to be this way. (line 157-168 at
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-2.18.2/components/camel-kafka/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/kafka/KafkaConsumer.java)

Is there a reason why this is? Or is there another configuration that I need
to set to disable the automatic offset commit? I see that 2.19.0-SNAPSHOT
version has new updates regarding the offset management.

2) Is there a way to set the consumer to a specific offset when using Kafka
component?

Thank you!