Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2007/08/13 15:41:30 UTC

Wrong license headers

Hi,

While doing checkstyle violation fixes, I noticed that there were some
files in the source tree with the wrong license header.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-web/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/web/AjaxServlet.java
This one looks like it is apache licensed but is "Copyright 2006 Mort
Bay Consulting Pty. Ltd." so I think we update the format of the
header and move the copyright bit to the NOTICE file right???

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-ra/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/ra/MessageActivationSpec.java
This file does not look like it has a ASL compatible header at ALL.  I
checked the SVN log and this file used to have an ASL header but was
changed with revision 515574. see:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-ra/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/ra/MessageActivationSpec.java?r1=502054&r2=515574&diff_format=h

James, I think we either have to rollback that change or get the
original contributor of that patch in issue AMQ-1147 to update the
patch with our apache headers.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Wrong license headers

Posted by Gregw <gr...@mortbay.com>.

Hiram Chirino wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While doing checkstyle violation fixes, I noticed that there were some
> files in the source tree with the wrong license header.
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-web/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/web/AjaxServlet.java
> This one looks like it is apache licensed but is "Copyright 2006 Mort
> Bay Consulting Pty. Ltd."

Sorry that was just IDE being too helpful.  Mort Bay did not intend to
retain the copyright on that
file and I am happy for a standard ASF header to be put on that file and for
the ASF to hold copyright.

I'll try to do this today... but if I get distracted, please feel free to do
it.

Re: Wrong license headers

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
awesome!

On 8/13/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/13/07, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > While doing checkstyle violation fixes, I noticed that there were some
> > files in the source tree with the wrong license header.
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-web/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/web/AjaxServlet.java
> > This one looks like it is apache licensed but is "Copyright 2006 Mort
> > Bay Consulting Pty. Ltd." so I think we update the format of the
> > header and move the copyright bit to the NOTICE file right???
>
> I'll get in touch with Greg; that could have just been a mistake, he
> might be happy to relicense...
>

> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/trunk/activemq-ra/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/ra/MessageActivationSpec.java
> > This file does not look like it has a ASL compatible header at ALL.  I
> > checked the SVN log and this file used to have an ASL header but was
> > changed with revision 515574. see:
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-ra/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/ra/MessageActivationSpec.java?r1=502054&r2=515574&diff_format=h
> >
> > James, I think we either have to rollback that change or get the
> > original contributor of that patch in issue AMQ-1147 to update the
> > patch with our apache headers.
>
> Agreed. I've rolled back the patch for that interface & just generated
> a new one using my IDE (since the interface is just mimicking what
> we've always had in ActiveMQActivationSpec). I've just committed it so
> it should be fine now.
> --
> James
> -------