Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by NeOn <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/31 10:05:18 UTC

Phoneix NewBie Question

Hi all ,

I just want to clarify the difference between the
cornerstone database service and the exacalibur JDBCsource ?

i am using phoenix server  and i am developing email based application
along with james. I think James is using cornerstone service.

which is better way to connect to database using phoenix server.

thanks in advance

Neon

Re: Phoneix NewBie Question

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday 31 July 2002 04:05 am, NeOn wrote:
> I just want to clarify the difference between the
> cornerstone database service and the exacalibur JDBCsource ?
>
> i am using phoenix server  and i am developing email based application
> along with james. I think James is using cornerstone service.
>
> which is better way to connect to database using phoenix server.

The Cornerstone database component allows access to an Excalibur
JDBCDataSource as well as the J2EEDataSource.

So to directly answer your question, when developing a phoenix application I
would recommend using the cornerstone block to access the database.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org