Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> on 2013/03/11 04:38:59 UTC

[VOTE] Plan to create release candidate Monday 3/18

Hi all,
I have created branch-1.2 from branch-1, and propose to cut the first
release candidate for 1.2.0 on Monday 3/18 (a week from tomorrow), or as
soon thereafter as I can achieve a stable build.

Between 1.1.2 and the current 1.2.0, there are 176 patches!!  Draft release
notes are available at .../branch-1.2/src/docs/releasenotes.html in the
sources.

Any non-destabilizing patches committed to branch-1.2 during the coming
week (and of course also committed to branch-1) will be included in the RC.
 However, at this point I request that any big new developments not yet in
branch-1.2 be targeted for 1.3.

Release plans have to be voted on too, so please vote '+1' to approve this
plan.  Voting will close on Sunday 3/17 at 8:30pm PDT.

Thanks,
--Matt
(release manager)

Re: [VOTE] Plan to create release candidate Monday 3/18

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 11 March 2013 03:38, Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have created branch-1.2 from branch-1, and propose to cut the first
> release candidate for 1.2.0 on Monday 3/18 (a week from tomorrow), or as
> soon thereafter as I can achieve a stable build.
>
> Between 1.1.2 and the current 1.2.0, there are 176 patches!!  Draft release
> notes are available at .../branch-1.2/src/docs/releasenotes.html in the
> sources.
>
> Any non-destabilizing patches committed to branch-1.2 during the coming
> week (and of course also committed to branch-1) will be included in the RC.
>  However, at this point I request that any big new developments not yet in
> branch-1.2 be targeted for 1.3.
>
> Release plans have to be voted on too, so please vote '+1' to approve this
> plan.  Voting will close on Sunday 3/17 at 8:30pm PDT.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Plan to create release candidate Monday 3/18

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Luke Lu <ll...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@alumni.cmu.edu>.
+1 (non-binding)

best,
Colin

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.
Thank you all for voting.  With six binding +1, two non-binding +1, and no
0 or -1, the release plan passes.
I am in process of making the first 1.2.0-RC build, and will put it up as
soon as possible.

Best regards,
--Matt

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Harsh J

Re: [VOTE] Plan to create release candidate Monday 3/18

Posted by Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Thomas Graves <tg...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1.