Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Vaughan Schmidt <vs...@schmidtusa.com> on 2008/02/27 23:23:04 UTC

Liferay CMS integrates JSPWiki engine

Just a general announcement of sorts - goes back to discussion late
last year.

The folks (Jorge Ferrer, primarily) at Liferay have incorporated
JSPWiki engine into Liferay's Wiki.

see Jorge's blog posting:

http://www.liferay.com/web/jferrer/1/blogs/introducing_the_amazing_new_liferay_wiki?_33_redirect=%2Fweb%2Fjferrer%2F1%3Fp_p_id%3D33%26p_p_action%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dnormal%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26_33_struts_action%3D%252Fblogs%252Fview&

(hope that link works, if not - go to Liferay.com, select "Community"
menu and go to "Blogs" option.  From there, easy to find)

I am very happy to see this happen - I like Liferay, I like JSPWiki -
put together they make for a powerfull portal / CMS / wiki solution.

-Vaughan Schmidt

Re: Liferay CMS integrates JSPWiki engine

Posted by Vaughan Schmidt <vs...@schmidtusa.com>.
(preface: this is all my understanding, and could be wrong - I'm only
versed in the general details at best)

I don't think it would qualify as a fork.

Liferay is a Portal engine more than anything else.  Similar in a lot
of ways to IBM WebSphere Portal product.  The original wiki "portlet"
in Liferay was weak - based on Friki, which is pretty much dead.

From Fall of 2007 forward, there was a lot of discussion within the
liferay community about how to improve the wiki portlet, as it was a
very weak portion compared to the whole.

A lot of discussion was documented within Liferay's wiki (they did not
even use their own wiki, but rather Mediawiki) here:
http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Wiki_Overhaul

As far as what has been implemented (will be in Liferay 5.0, I guess
only available in SVN trunk right now):

Jorge Ferrer was able to implement the Liferay "wiki engine" into the
framework of what their portal system.  I have not loaded it yet, so
speaking without first hand knowledge - but in the original
discussions, he was planning to build a framework that could support
multiple wiki engines selectable at some point by the user.

Jorge made an earlier blog posting here:

http://www.liferay.com/web/jferrer/1/blogs/wiki_overhaul_____continues?_33_redirect=%2Fweb%2Fjferrer%2F1%3Fp_p_id%3D33%26p_p_action%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dnormal%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26_33_struts_action%3D%252Fblogs%252Fview&

(not a lot of detail, but... probably describes what he was doing
better than I can)

I'll be glad to post a request for more detail on liferay's site and
see what can be learned further, if you have anything specific
questions for them, pls. let me know.

-Vaughan Schmidt

Re: Auto-numbering question

Posted by Frank Fischer <fr...@jcpsim.org>.
As far as i understand it jspwiki does allow 'inline formats' (like
__bold__) to be nested (like __''bold italics''__).

'Paragraph formats' like tables (|), lists (* and #) and code blocks
({{{) need to be placed at the start of the line and therefore
nesting is impossible.

Workarounds:

1. Directly include the desired css formats
    (the pre format of your skin.css):

#One
#Two
  %%(border:1px dashed #b6b6b6; background-color:#fff7c0)
  Should be in a shaded area\\
  Middle line\\
  Last line of the shaded area
  %%
#Three

2. Insert the subformat as another page:

#One
#Two [{InsertPage page='MyCodeBlock'}]
#Three

and the page 'MyCodeBlock' contains