Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/14 19:19:07 UTC

James Server dies after few dayd

Hi Team,
We have recently upgraded our James server 3.1 beta2. Also, have got JPA
encryption fix on top of 0.3 version.
We are seening an issue with James windows setvice. It stops all of a sudden
with no complaints in server.log files.
Any ideas or suggestions to tackle this issue are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Sai

Re: James Server dies after few dayd

Posted by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Robert. We are in process of setting a sever to observe the behaviour
of JRE.

Keep you all posted with our observations.

Thanks, Sai

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saibabu Vallurupalli <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

We will review the windows logs and try to setup the jvm-options as
suggested.

Thank you and Have a good day.

Thanks,
Sai

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@u-mangate.com>.
and also the -XX:HeapDumpPath=C://your_path to be sure to easily find
the dump.

Do you see anything in the windows service log? (not the james log file,
the windows one via the user interface).

Thx,
Eric

On 15/10/11 19:56, Saibabu Vallurupalli wrote:
> Thank so much Norman. We will try these options.
> On Oct 15, 2011 1:54 PM, "Norman Maurer"<no...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> the problem is that I'm not a "windows guy" so I'm not sure how to
>> debug there. In linux I would first run "dmesg" to see if maybe the
>> jvm segfault. No idea if there is something similar in windows. The
>> other thing you could check is if you got an OOM. Add this to the
>> startup option of java:
>>
>> -XX:-HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
>>

>> This will generate a heapdump if it exists because of an OOM.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Norman
>>

>> 2011/10/15 Saibabu Vallurupalli<sa...@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi Norman,
>>>
>>> So, Is this something to do with OS? Any other ideas to debug the issues?
>>> Please advise us with some directions.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Sai
>>>

>>> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Norman Maurer<
>> norman.maurer@googlemail.com

>> any

>> JPA
>> appreciated.