Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2019/02/12 13:00:34 UTC

Re: Documentation for Apache Felix Health Checks

Hi Georg,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 12:50 AM Georg Henzler <fe...@ghenzler.de> wrote:
> ...I would like to
> move the documentation in the markdown file [3] to the correct location
> which I believe is a sub page "Apache Felix Health Checks" underneath
> [4],...

Many projects today just use those Markdown files in GitHub for docs,
the advantage IMO is that they stay with the code which can make it
easier to remember to keep them up to date.

If the Felix PMC agrees with that I would suggest just listing the new
Health Checks modules at [4], pointing to the
https://github.com/apache/felix/tree/trunk/healthcheck mirror and
moving [3] so that it becomes the README of that path - as it's the
general documentation for that group of modules.

-Bertrand

Posted by Georg Henzler <fe...@ghenzler.de>.
Hi,

I eventually got around to fix up the documentation [1].

Feedback is welcome - I'm not sure if I did everything right.

Best Regards
Georg

[1]
https://github.com/apache/felix/blob/trunk/healthcheck/README.md
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects/apache-felix-healthchecks.html
<-- stub page linking to README above
http://felix.apache.org/documentation/subprojects.html
http://felix.apache.org/#apache-felix-subprojects
http://felix.apache.org/news.html

Posted by Georg Henzler <fe...@ghenzler.de>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

bdelacretaz@apache.org>:

> Hi Georg,
>
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 12:50 AM Georg Henzler <fe...@ghenzler.de> wrote:
> > ...I would like to
> > move the documentation in the markdown file [3] to the correct location
> > which I believe is a sub page "Apache Felix Health Checks" underneath
> > [4],...
>
> Many projects today just use those Markdown files in GitHub for docs,
> the advantage IMO is that they stay with the code which can make it
> easier to remember to keep them up to date.
>
> If the Felix PMC agrees with that I would suggest just listing the new
> Health Checks modules at [4], pointing to the
> https://github.com/apache/felix/tree/trunk/healthcheck mirror and
> moving [3] so that it becomes the README of that path - as it's the
> general documentation for that group of modules.
>
> -Bertrand
>
> > [3]
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/trunk/healthcheck/docs/felix-health-checks.md?view=log&pathrev=1849246
> > [4] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FELIX/Subprojects