Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by hicham abassi <ha...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/04 21:02:02 UTC

Colspan and

Hello,

i have a form with a <h:panelgrid> for my label,input,message components

<h:panelGrid columns="3">

<h:ouputLabel for="inputName">
<h:inputText id="inputName" ...>
<h:message for="inputName" ...>

i want here to put 2 set of components here for example postal code
and town without disturbing the alignement of above components

<h:panelGrid columns="6">
    <h:ouputLabel for="inputPC" ...>
    <h:inputText id="inputPC" ...>
    <h:message for="inputPC" ....>

    <h:ouputLabel for="inputTown" ...>
    <h:inputText id="inputTown" ...>
   <h:message for="inputTown"....>
</h:panelGrid>
<h:panelGroup/>
<h:panelGroup/>

Problem : the input and message of the first row are moved to the right

</h:panelGrid>

Is there a way to do colspan on h:panelGrid row ?

Thanks.

--

hicham ABASSI
habassi@gmail.com

Re: Colspan and

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know, there's no colspan.

The only way you'd be able to make this work is to use <h:panelGrid
columns="6"> on your main grid and use

<h:panelGroup/>
<h:panelGroup/>
<h:panelGroup/>

There's no other way to line up the entries in your main group and
your InputPC group.

after every group but the inputPC and inputTown.

I suppose you could use ="4" for the main group, but you're not really
going to gain much doing it that way.

Re: Colspan and

Posted by hicham abassi <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mike,

That's true that header and footers can do implicitly colspan, but
i'll choose a panelGrid with 6 columns.

--

hicham ABASSI
habassi@gmail.com

Re: Colspan and

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>  >
>  > --
>  > This message has been scanned for viruses and
>  > dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>  > believed to be clean.
>  >

>  > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:This email is intended solely for the person
>  > or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
>  > and/or protected health information.  Any duplication,
>  > dissemination, action taken in reliance upon, or other use of this
>  > information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
>  > is prohibited and may violate applicable laws.  If this email has
>  > been received in error, please notify the sender and delete the
>  > information from your system.  The views expressed in this email are
>  > those of the sender and may not necessarily represent the views of

Re: Colspan and

Posted by gr...@intellicare.com.