Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Paul Berschick <pb...@newthinking.de.INVALID> on 2020/05/04 15:06:08 UTC

Community Management, Leadership & Cooking FOSS Backstage Webinars

Hi everyone,

As you probably know I'm one of the organizer of a conference called
FOSS Backstage. Instead of in-person meetups or workshops we decided to
try out offering webinars to keep the discussion on all things
governance, collaboration, legal and economics within the scope of FOSS
running.

Our first two webinars take place tomorrow and the day after at 6pm CET
and I would be happy if anyone of you had time to join the discussion.
If you know anyone who might be interested, please feel free to forward
this email. Short disclaimer: Participant numbers are limited, so we
charge a nominal registration fee of 2€

(1) ben van't ende: Open source community management practices for the
industry
This talk explores the layers of a community and what you as an
individual can build and contribute to a community, making you an
effective part of a greater whole and growing together with your
community. It applies learning from open source community management and
communication, to industries that are not related to FOSS culture.
https://pretix.eu/plainschwarz/webinar02/ – May, 5th – 6pm CET

(2) Florian Effenberger (The Document Foundation): On communities,
cooperation and cooking - lessons learned from 16 years with FOSS
We will walk through Florians ten thoughts on community leadership,
including cooperation, commitment, coordination, trust and reward. After
this, we'll dive into some ideas on project governance and nonprofit
entities. Florian will tell you why free software and cooking have more
in common than you may think and why you should cook your own open
source event.
https://pretix.eu/plainschwarz/Webinar01/ – May, 6th – 6pm CET

Thanks a lot for your attention and support! Hope you're all well!

Best,
Paul

Re: Community Management, Leadership & Cooking FOSS Backstage Webinars

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi All

These sound pretty interesting so I hope that some of you can attend these sessions.

The Corona situation has affected many and perhaps money is tight so the Plain Schwarz / FOSS Backstage team have given us a couple of free discount codes to share with you.

The codes are as follows:

FOSS-WEBINAR-FLORIAN
FOSS-WEBINAR-BEN

I understand that places are limited so please only register if you plan to attend. Also please feel free to post any comments or feedback on the sessions.

Thanks
Sharan