Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/11 22:50:31 UTC

Tomcat 7 (64 bit) does not seem to honor session timeout?

Hi there,

I am running the Cocoon (2.11) servlet in Tomcat 7.0.23 (64 bit version)
on Windows 2008 R2 (and also in 32 bit on Redhat linux).  I am using the
Java 1.6 JRE.

I have my session timeout set in web.xml to 60 minutes.

However I find that with about 44 minutes of inactivity that my session
appears to have expired.

I tried it with the default 30 minute time out and found that after
about 25 minutes my session had expired...

Is there any one else who has had this issue...or what could I be doing
wrong?

best
Paul

Re: Tomcat 7 (64 bit) does not seem to honor session timeout?

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Tomcat 7 (64 bit) does not seem to honor session timeout?

Posted by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com>.
This was a false alarm.  My apologies.
Paul

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 11/01/2012 21:50, Paul Joseph wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am running the Cocoon (2.11) servlet in Tomcat 7.0.23 (64 bit version)
> on Windows 2008 R2 (and also in 32 bit on Redhat linux).  I am using the
> Java 1.6 JRE.
>
> I have my session timeout set in web.xml to 60 minutes.

Just to clarify, which web.xml file?

> However I find that with about 44 minutes of inactivity that my session
> appears to have expired.

Can you reproduce this with a simple single Servlet application?

> I tried it with the default 30 minute time out and found that after
> about 25 minutes my session had expired...
>
> Is there any one else who has had this issue...or what could I be doing
> wrong?
>
> best
> Paul

[key:62590808]