Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Nektarios K. Papadopoulos" <np...@inaccessnetworks.com> on 2006/06/15 11:57:14 UTC

[OT] mail configuration (was: [drlvm] what I'm doing...)

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> [...]
> Also, is there a way you can get your mail client to not quote what you
> are replying to as an attachment?  If you notice in the message I'm
> replying to, it appears that your sig and what you quoted is an
> attachment.  It doesn't survive the "reply"

I don't think it is an attachment. It is just that the sig is placed
before the quoted message, therefore your mail client discard it as part
of the signature.

It would also be nice, if the apache mailing list mailer (EZMLM ???)
could be configured so that the four line message appended to each post
appears as sig, i.e. "-- " in the first line. In order to avoid being
included in quoted replies ;-)

> [...]

Nektarios K. Papadopoulos

Re: [OT] mail configuration

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Nektarios K. Papadopoulos wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>> [...]
>> Also, is there a way you can get your mail client to not quote what you
>> are replying to as an attachment?  If you notice in the message I'm
>> replying to, it appears that your sig and what you quoted is an
>> attachment.  It doesn't survive the "reply"
>>
> I don't think it is an attachment. It is just that the sig is placed
> before the quoted message, therefore your mail client discard it as part
> of the signature.

You are exactly right :)

I assume that Denis is using outlook - I've seen outlook do that, and I
never figured out how to fix it.

My apologies.

Is there a way to put the sig at the bottom?

> It would also be nice, if the apache mailing list mailer (EZMLM ???)
> could be configured so that the four line message appended to each post
> appears as sig, i.e. "-- " in the first line. In order to avoid being
> included in quoted replies ;-)

Hm.  It is part of the message though, not a sig.  I tend to just snip
them off manually.

geir