Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Ruslan Appazov <ru...@opta.com.ua> on 2004/07/08 12:02:44 UTC

CGI.pm doesn't work propertly with $Request->Form object

Hi all!
I installed Apache 2.0.48(win32)/mod_perl 1.99 + Perl 5.8.3.
Before it's used Apache1.3.27/mod_perl1.27 + Perl 5.6.1.
There is Apache::ASP 2.57 on both platforms.
Everything works fine. Thanks to Josh Chamas.

But I found one problem on Apache2.
The example cgi.thm must show compatibly Apache::ASP and CGI.pm.
And there is a note at page: "Before, you couldn't do a
use CGI;
by itself, as it would try to read form input that had already been loaded
into $Request->Form(). Form input is now cached, and may be loaded into CGI
as well. ".
Yes, it's true on Apache1. But on Apache2 these rows don't do they must
(from cgi.htm):
if (param()) {
    print "Your name is ",em($name),p,"\n",
    "The keywords are: ",em(join(", ",param('words'))),p,"\n",
    "Your favorite color is ",em(param('color')),"\n",
    hr;
}
And simultaneously object $Request->Form returns values
$Request->Form('name'), $Request->Form('color') etc, if I insert print
operators in the script. Also script works fine if to use method GET
(default - POST). Other example script with CGI.pm and POST(file_upload.asp)
works normally, but there is not function param() - only $Request->Form.
What's a problem? Can somebody help?
Thanks in advance.

Ruslan Appazov.

Re: CGI.pm doesn't work propertly with $Request->Form object

Posted by Ruslan Appazov <er...@opta.com.ua>.
I also had idea that this problem might be course by different CGI version.
There is a 2.98 one on my Apache1. You know - everything works there.
And mod_perl-1.99 is on Apache2 with CGI 3.04, Apache::ASP 2.57.
We use many CGI+ASP written scripts, so we decided to move at Apache2 some
time latter.
But I will try to downgrade to older CGI version and I'll certainly report
you about results.

Thanks,
Ruslan Appazov.

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.